Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It must be a good day, you all are hearing from me again!! I've been trying to download a few more of our retirement pictures, but it's taking a little longer than I thought. Here's a little taste in the mean time. This photo is of our family walking down the isle for the last time as an active duty Navy family. What a rush!! I've started hearing from some of you, and that's really spurred me on to continue blogging. Stay tuned for more!! (If you click on the picture, it'll maximize for a better view).

9 comments:

Lori said...

What a beautiful pic Sonia! Gotta frame that one girl.

Sonia said...

What a funny thing to say, Lori...the Bassett's framed and gave it to us when they came to Colorado Springs for a visit!! It's so good to hear from you!!

Crystal said...

I'm so jealous. I'm not in love with the Navy right now, so it's good to see people can survive until retirement. I'm not so sure we will, or I will, but we shall see. Congrats!

Sonia said...

Are all my friends night owls?! How are you, Crystal? WHERE are you? How's Ainsley? Hubby?

Anonymous said...

Awwww, that's so awesome. I LOVE the picture! You all look so HAPPY, in a sad way....or is that SAD in a HAPPY way!?

Crystal said...

not so much a night owl as in Japan. read the ol' blog and you can see all that. http://crystalkei.livejournal.com


I've been here for all of 3 weeks and Cheyenne just left for the George Washington on Monday. We are stuck in the lodge with no car or apt. Like I said, not in love with the navy.

Gwenda said...

Oh, I love the look you two are giving each other! What a snapshot!

Slavka said...

Congratulations! That is so awesome! This is such a great picture!

The Galan Family said...

I have to say that was a very touching moment at the retirement ceremony.