Thursday, August 28, 2008

18 Years and Still Going Strong!!!!


August 28th, 1990


2008

For those of you who know our story, I thought you'd appreciate the picture on the top! Today is our 18th wedding anniversary, and although James is out of town until tomorrow night, it's still a great day to celebrate. James and I met when we were 14 years old, we started dating at the end of our senior year (much later than I would have liked), and then we were married a couple of years later. So you see, James really does love me for me! He knows I wasn't prom queen or Nova Club president, a size 3, or as grouchy as I can get now. But he does know how much I love him. Has it really been 18 years? Meshing our lives together has created so many blessings; the most important being our kids: Jonathon, Emily, Aaron, Adam and Daniel. James, you really are my very best friend. We've almost grown up together and I wouldn't trade any of those years for a million bucks. Okay, maybe two. James, you know I love you, I need you, and thank you. My life is better because of you. Here's to another 18 years, Sweet Tart!!! I love you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, you two are so WONDERFUL for and to each other. Here's to another 18 and beyond!!!

Sonia said...

Thank you, Maren!! Hope your family is doing great. James is sure missing his friend...say hello to Barry. If you guys ever come this way on your way to Arizona, please stop in for a spell!!!

Gwenda said...

Dale and I will also be married 18 years this year! (Not until November 3rd) I would love to see a wedding picture!

Congratulations on 18 years of marriage to your BFF!!

The Galan Family said...

You guys have the same anniversary as my parents! Congratulations. You guys are so cute together and you have such a beautiful family. Hope you are liking your new home.

Brandi said...

Happy Anniversary!

I'm so glad I found someone who happened to have a link to your blog on theirs.

Stop by mine and say hello. Mostly I rant and whine, but there are some pictures of the kids sometimes, too.

Amelia turned 3 two weeks ago, and I always think of you on her birthday. You didn't even know me and you were willing to keep the boys for me. And even though I barely knew you I felt at peace and knew they were in excellent hands.

Linds said...

Congrats! I love your guys' story. I miss the Garcia's. I love you guys!!!